It’s all Ree’s fault. She put me up to it. The deal is to write five things you love about being a mom. I responded that I can barely count to five, but then I remembered, I have my purdy heart bullets, and they’re all about love, aren’t they?
- I love how they are light-years ahead of me when I was their age. Not saying I take credit for it, but, wow. Smarter, more character, the list goes on.
- I love how they make me laugh. Both are dead-on mimics, and Ass Burger Boy continues to hone his stand-up comedy routine. Also, they get the joke when I mess with them. Phew. Cause I really enjoy messing with them.
- That smarter thing? The look of wonder in your child’s eyes as they see something for the first time? Totally addictive.
- Some parents would die if their children never left home. My younger informed me when he was nine years old that he would always live with me. I’m good with that until he gets a wife. He’s pretty good company.
- The love I felt when I first looked into their eyes? It was the most healing thing I have ever experienced. They have made me want to be a better person, for them. It ain’t about the nursing home. Your children eventually will hold you accountable.
So the deal is, you link to Catherine and David and me, pick someone in another country to do the same, and write your five things that you love about being a mother.
Then we will all clickety-click around the world, even to some who might not be considered mommy bloggers. (That would be me.) One blogger I consider inspirational and fun is Nan. She lives in Trinidad and Tobago, but will soon be relocating to England. I guess those are both other countries. Also? I nominate Zoe and Hyphen Mama, because I just don’t know how they do it with such humour. A Canuck living in my neck of the woods? That would be Kate of Sweet|Salty fame. And a transplanted American living nearby is Jessica of Daysgoby.
So, start hopping around the world with your virtual clicks! Fun!