- Help! I have this truncated feed that I can’t change because of all the Feedburner takeover by Google. If I activate a google ad sense account, can I change my feed settings from there? Because, I would hate to go to all that trouble and still not be able to do anything about it.
- My readings site server is going wonky since it is no longer on a static IP address. Which I understand, since it costs my buddy, the host, over 200 smackeroos a month, but I need a plan B. He offered to point my site to my blog server, which is great, except how can you do any pointing if the server that points is unaccessible on a regular basis? Any ideas?
- Also, my readings site needs a major overhaul. When you land on the home page, it’s all about the healing, and nothing much about readings.Yet I have all these business cards out there that have the spotty access address. Also? The header is a lovely photo, but it kind of reminds me of The Vagina Rocks.
- I am logged off today until I get some resolution from my telephone provider. My business line is all crackly and staticy. The phones I bought to use on that same line are less than six months old. The other phones sound the same way on that line. What is going on? Mercury retrograde is SO over.
The following award comes via Jess of Daysgoby, who lives about an hour and a half from me. I’ve never met her because those South Shore people are all in love with where they live, and have zero desire to come to the city. Don’t blame them either. Or, maybe she figures I don’t bathe much, since I work at home in my jammies.
This award is given to the writers of blogs that “are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
I knew it would be easy to list bloggers that fall in this description. I think I can type out their URLs without even going to their sites.
- Krissa,freaky snake woman.
- Oh Mah Holy Hell, it’s Ree
- Hyphen Mama
- Talina, who is extremely knocked up right now.
- Not On My Own Blog I Don’t, which is authored by multiple charming bloggers.
To demonstrate, I bring you the second portion of an email exchange which started with me saying I hurt myself in my sleep and she was urging me to describe it as a sex injury. Where, really, I probably rolled over onto my physio targeted shoulder, which is being mean to me. But? It had to be a sex injury, because it happened in bed. That’s when I shared that I had never had a threesome, my last twosome was a decade ago, and now I only have onesomes, since I got all discriminating with my sex partners and all. She’s pretty sure I should describe it as a sex injury though. Sheesh, she’s bossy. Which would only be annoying if I were obedient. So you’re welcome for the background. Maybe you had to be there.
Krissa: I dunno…. the true test is sleeping in the same bed with yourself. Heh.
witchypoo: I keep getting annoyed. Bitch snores.
Krissa: Get her some of those nose strips.
witchypoo: She’s selfish. Says it doesn’t bother her sleep any.
Krissa: WHAT A BITCH! I wouldn’t put up with that.
witchypoo: If she’s not careful, NO SEX FROM ME!
Krissa: Oh shit. You need to get into couples counseling. I mean you can’t let this effect your lives like this. It’s not fair to either of you! Heh heh.
witchypoo: I’d sooner just buy her the fucking nose strips.
Krissa: (The voice of Little Mary Sunshine), It’d be cheaper!
Krissa felt sorry for my sorry arse (which we have named Herman) because I was posting so little, and she done went and memed me. This exercise is a little bit harder than Grace In Small Things, because you only have to name five that you are thankful for. But seven things I love?
- The smell of a wood fire
- The garden
- A clean house
- Puppies, oh, I loves me some puppies.
- My offspring
I’m not tagging anyone on this, but would love to read your list.
How to make lemonade of all these lemons? Feeling the sadness of the blogosphere for two families that lost their babies recently, even though I wasn’t previously aware of their blogs. Maddie’s funeral is today. My mom’s birthday. The day of her funeral four years ago. Thalon’s service will be announced soon, I expect. For those of you who are not on Twitter, or have been hibernating, lots of folks have purpled up their blog or avatar, in honour of Maddie. I don’t want to choose one over the other by purpling up, but I do ask the prayer inclined to keep these families in your hearts. If you wish to financially help these two families, who never dreamed they would have to bury their precious angels, you may do so here.
Now let’s see if I can be grateful amongst all my grumbles:
- The snow that fell yesterday has melted.
- The furnace that was not working yesterday is repaired.
- The tradespeople that invaded my home and workspace were very pleasant and respectful.
- I am enjoying the smell of hamstock simmering on the stove.
- That I had my mother as long as I did.